- Equal Opportunities
Celtic Contractor Ltd strives to be an equal opportunities employer. This means that it is our company policy that there should be no discrimination, victimisation, bullying or harassment of any employee or job applicant, either directly or indirectly, on the grounds of:
- race, colour, nationality or national or ethnic origin
- sex or marital status
- sex change status
- sexual orientation
- religion or philosophical belief
- political belief
Celtic Contractors Ltd’s policy is to:
- Eliminate and prevent, as far as is reasonably possible, discrimination, victimisation, bullying and harassment in the workplace
- Encourage all its employees to take a positive active role against all forms of discrimination, victimisation, bullying and harassment
- Deter employees from participating in discriminatory behaviour, victimisation, bullying or harassment
- Demonstrate to all employees that they can rely upon the company's full support in cases of discrimination, victimisation, bullying or harassment at work.
The company is fully committed to providing a good, harmonious and diverse working environment that offers equal treatment and equal opportunities for all employees and one where every employee is treated with respect and dignity. The company's aim is that remuneration, recruitment, promotion, training and retention should not be affected either directly or indirectly by irrelevant considerations such as prejudices or stereotyping.
The company recognises that the provision of equal opportunities in the workplace is not only good management practice; it also makes sound business sense. The company's equal opportunities policy works towards ensuring that all employees develop towards their full potential, and the talents and resources of the workforce will be fully utilised to maximise the efficiency of the organisation.
While the company recognises that the overall responsibility for the effective operation of this policy lies with the Directors, it is incumbent upon all employees, whatever their position within the company, to take responsibility for ensuring its effective implementation in their day-to-day activities and working relationships with colleagues.